Transfer Talk: Chelsea have Rafael Leao on their top transfer list
With only a few weeks remaining before the opening of the January transfer window, there has been a lot of gossip swirling about who has moved on to where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz about rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Chelsea are eyeing the hosts for attacking options
Chelsea are moving to sign striker Molde David Datro Fofanabut Calciomercato reports that the Blues are not stopping there, linking them with AC Milan Raphael LeaoJuventus Dusan Vlahovic and AS Roma Tammy Abraham.
With Armando Broja’s season coming to an unfortunate end, Chelsea are looking for a top striker to provide a boost for Graham Potter and his team.
Milan have also previously been linked with Broja Hakim Ziyechhowever the Blues have been very focused on Leao in discussions with the Serie A side.
At least 80 million euros would be needed to sign the Portugal international, a figure that has not deterred the Premier League side as they prepare their budget and await updates on the 23-year-old’s contract situation.
Leao’s current deal expires in 2024 and there is a gap in valuation for a renewal between player and club, with Milan likely to offer him €7m per season.
As well as Leao, Chelsea are monitoring Vlahovic, who could be persuaded to leave Juventus due to the club’s legal issues and the recent departure of president Andrea Agnelli and other members of the board.
Abraham is also being considered for a return to Chelsea, but the club are unwilling to pay out a €75 million option to re-sign him from Roma in January, the report adds.
Felix, Shakhtar Donetsk’s Mykhaylo Mudryk and free agent Cristiano Ronaldo were also briefly mentioned in the report as second-line options should Chelsea’s top picks fail.
– World Cup 2022: News and features | Timetable
– Streaming on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– Sky Sports Deutschland have offered an update on Borussia Dortmund’s transfer situation, saying there won’t be a big January signing for a start. The club holds fast to Eintracht Frankfurt’s Daichi Kamada haven’t committed to joining Dortmund yet and nothing will be finalized anytime soon. In even more promising news, the report adds that Dortmund will sign Borussia Monchengladbach Remy Bensebaini as a free agent in the summer and saw Feyenoord Lutsharel Geertruida.
– Contract talks between Paris Saint-Germain and Lionel Messi, Marquinhos, Presnel Kimpembe and Sergio Ramos has been heading in a positive direction, according to Le10Sport, who added that sporting director Luis Campos has undertaken a renewal-centric project in recent months. Messi and Ramos currently have deals that expire at the end of the season, while Marquinhos and Kimpembe have an additional year on their respective deals.
– Atalanta are demanding €40m for Giorgio Scalvini with Internazionale hoping to sign the centre-back, reports Calciomercato. This came with Inter having previously fallen behind Gleison Bremer when Milan Skriniar will soon make a decision whether to sign a contract to stay together Nerazzurri or move to PSG. Giovanni Fabbian could be included in the deal for Scalvini if necessary.
– Atlético Madrid has Fenerbahce Bright Osayi-Samuel on the roster as they continue to target new right side players, according to Ekrem Konur. However, it added that the 24-year-old was not a priority.
– Kicker suggested that Bouna Sarr will be allowed to leave Bayern Munich despite his current contract running until 2024. However, there is currently only limited interest in the right-back, who is still recovering from injury.